Saturday, June 13, 2009

Getting ready and doing research



Now that school is over, I can get some research done in preparation for the trip. There is one day that we go to "Pamukkale". The description I was given was something about a sacred pool, so I wanted to find out more. What I have found is actually very exciting! I took this from http://www.kusadasi.biz/pamukkale/




Pamukkale is one of the most important highlights of Turkey, unique in the world. The site is named in Turkish as "Pamukkale", that means "cotton castle", parallel to the glorious and spectacular view of the site. The dazzling white calcareous castles are formed by limestone-laden thermal springs, creating the unbelievable formation of stalactites, potholes and cataracts.


The water of Pamukkale is famous for its benefits to the eyes and skin; and its curing properties to the ills of asthma, rheumatism, as well. The remains of the ancient Hierapolis are situated on back of the thrilling white terraces, standing wondrously in the area.


One exciting thing about that day is that I get to spend time visiting a family in their home so I can actually see what "real life" is like in Turkey.
I am also checking off things as I pack them. One thing I was told to pack is a "water bottle" but I am not doing that. I was told that it would be a bad idea to drink the water, so I should only be drinking bottled water. That is okay, it will save room in my suitcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers