Thursday, June 18, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

Today in the hotel we had the typical Turkish Breakfast. This was nothing like the breakfasts at home! There were no eggs, sausage, waffles.....instead, we had cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, cheese, and a whole lot of olives! There were also many kinds of white cheese - some soft, some hard and bitter. The drinks were different too ---black coffee, white coffee, orange drink, and sour cherry juice.


The Kensington Flat Stanleys loved the cold potatoes!
Rocky the Red Wolf preferred the olives!

One thing we encountered this morning is that we cannot plug in our own things, like chargers and hair dryers, without having a converter and adaptor. This is because not only are the plugs different, but so is the voltage.

Another interesting thing that happened is that even though I am using my own computer, everything appeared in Turkish when I went online. I had to figure out how to change the language back to English - which was hard because I couldn't read anything.

Today we are visiting three schools. I hope to get to form partnerships with these schools for Kensington. Rosa's Flat Stanley, Ms. Heyse's Flat Stanley, and Rea View's Rocky the Red Wolf are all coming along for the ride!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dr. Clarke

    This is Chris Levine from Waxhaw. What is the weather like there? It is very very hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris! So far it's around 90 degrees, but we are right near the water, so there is a nice breeze. Tomorrow we are headed down south and we've already been told that it will be MUCH hotter. What's nice is that we don't have that sticky humidity feeling! Thanks for following the blog. Let me know your other questions and I'll do my best to answer!

    ReplyDelete

Followers